Here's an exciting new idea which allows you to think outside the corporate gift box. If you are seeking to make an extraordinary impression on your clients, promote your company, or simply motivate your people - think bonsai. A lasting gift beyond the usual, our miniaturized trees convey your corporate message with taste and distinction. These small gestures of gift-giving will go a long way towards enhancing customer relations or employee morale. Your customers will be thrilled by an enchanting gift they never imagined, and one which will grow in beauty and value over the years.
Bonsai Boy of New York offers our corporate customers all the support and services necessary to make your gift - giving effortless. Our staff welcomes the opportunity to assist you in your business or incentive campaign and are, therefore, pleased to provide the following:
· Your corporate logos affixed to our gift cards (click here to view)
· In-house preparation of your shipping labels from your mailing list
· Gift cards prepared with your corporate message
· Care instruction pamphlets for each tree
· Quantity discounts
· Scheduled mailings as required
· Corporate logos affixed to our bonsai containers. Your art work or message imprinted on our
· Laser imprinted corporate skipping stones (approx 2.5" x 1.5" x. 5") are available, which we would place on top of the decorative pebbles that we put on top of the soil. (click here to view)
· Legendary service - we are committed to fulfilling your order, exactly as planned, exactly on time, exactly as promised.
Please feel free to contact us to discuss and customize your corporate gift program.
Some of our satisfied customers include Sears, Centerbeam, Inc. Wachovia, Hilton, HGTV, Nordstrom, Morgan Stanley, Kaiser Permanente, Kimberly Clark, 1-800 Flowers, National Penn Bank, Morgan Keegan and Company, NBC, General Electric Company, Wellpoint Company, John Hancock, Hewlett Packard, Mitsubishi, Red Mountain Retail Group, ADP, Wade Paper Corp, Four Seasons Resort and US Bancorp, Wyndham Worldwide, Sullivan & Cromwell, LLP, American Express. One such client writes below:
Dear Roz and Gene,
"I want to thank you again for all your contributions to our bonsai campaign. It's truly been a pleasure working with both of you and I look forward to the opportunity to work with you again. If you have any prospective corporate customers asking for a reference, feel free to have them contact me."
(Provided upon request)
Manager, Marketing Communications